Are you tired of the same old sweet potato recipes? Looking to take your culinary skills to the next level and impress your family and friends with an innovative dish? Well, look no further! In this blog post, we're going to show you how to transform those leftover sweet potatoes into bite-sized delights that will make everyone's taste buds dance with delight. Get ready to turn humble leftovers into a star dish that will have everyone begging for seconds. Let's dive in and discover the world of delectable possibilities waiting within these vibrant orange tubers!
Sweet Potatoes and their Nutritional Benefits
Sweet potatoes are not only delicious, but they're also packed with nutrients. A medium-sized sweet potato has over 4 grams of fiber, which is great for keeping you full and promoting digestive health. Sweet potatoes are also a good source of Vitamin A, which is important for maintaining vision and immune function. And if you're looking to up your iron intake, sweet potatoes are a great option - a medium-sized sweet potato contains about 10% of the recommended daily value.
Sweet Potato Bites Recipe
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 25 minutes Servings: 8
Ingredients needed for Sweet Potato Bites Recipe
· 2 sweet potatoes (about 1 lbs)
· 8 pecan halves
· 4 medium-sized marshmallows
· 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
· 2 tbsp maple syrup
· 1/4 tsp salt
· Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
· Peel the sweet potatoes and cut each potato into 4 even slices.
· In a bowl, pour the melted butter over the sliced sweet potatoes. Season with salt and mix until the potatoes are evenly coated.
· Arrange the coated sweet potato slices on a baking tray and bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, flip the slices over and continue baking for an additional 10 minutes.
· Remove the sweet potatoes from the oven and switch on the grill/roast setting.
· Drizzle the maple syrup over the sweet potato slices.
· Cut the marshmallows in half and place them on top of the sweet potato slices.
· Roast the sweet potatoes with the marshmallows under the grill for about 2-3 minutes, keeping a close eye to prevent burning.
· Once the marshmallows are toasted and slightly golden, remove the tray from the oven.
· Place a pecan half on top of each marshmallow-topped sweet potato slice.
· Serve the Maple-Roasted Sweet Potato Slices with Pecans and Marshmallows while still warm and enjoy!
Transforming sweet potatoes into bite-sized delights is an easy and delicious way to turn leftovers into a star dish. By adding other ingredients such as bacon, different spices, and sauces you can create unique combinations that are sure to please any palate. Whether you’re looking for a quick snack or something more substantial, these recipes can help take your sweet potato dishes from ordinary to extraordinary. So the next time you find yourself with some extra sweet potatoes on hand, don’t throw them out – transform them into delicious bites of goodness!