Perfect Party Treat: Step-by-Step Guide to Creating Mummy Popcorn Balls
Get ready to spook your taste buds and delight your little monsters this Halloween with our easy popcorn ball recipe! From Halloween parties to movie night these adorable treats are sure to be a hit at any Halloween gathering. Whether you're an experienced baker or just starting out, join us on a journey into the world of deliciously spooky snacks that are not only easy to make but also bring out the creative monster in you. So grab your cauldrons, put on your witch's hat, and let's dive into these wickedly easy Halloween popcorn balls are guaranteed to cast a spell on everyone who tries them!
Making your own Halloween treats doesn't have to be difficult. These foolproof mummy popcorn ball recipes are easy to make and are sure to be a hit with the kids.
Mummy Popcorn Balls
Makes: 4 Popcorn Balls
Prep: 20 Minutes
10 oz bag marshmallows, You can use mini marshmallows if you choose.
4 tablespoons butter
1 bag microwave popped popcorn or 2 cups kernels to pop
Butter or olive oil spray
Candy eye sprinkles
6 oz white chocolate candy melts
First, let's get your popcorn ready! You need to do is pop popcorn, this can be done by air popper or microwave popcorn. Set aside.
Next we are going to get together your marshmallow mixture. In a large pot, add in marshmallows and butter on low heat.. Stir until butter is melted and marshmallows are now a thick melted texture. I mix mine with a buttered silicone spatula, this ensures the mixture will not get stuck to the spatula.
Add in popcorn but careful to not add any kernels. Mix well until the popcorn is coated.
Let the mix cool just slightly so you don't burn your hands, this is definitely a hot mixture, rolling the balls. Lay out parchment paper on a large baking sheet. Spray hands with nonstick cooking spray to keep the balls from sticking to your hands. This process will definitely be a sticky mess
Roll into balls and set on the parchment paper or wax paper.
Place white candy pieces into a plastic piping bag. Heat as directed on the package.
Cut the end of the piping bag and drizzle to make the mummy bandages. Add on candy eye sprinkles two to each ball. Use some of the white candy melts as glue on the back. Press.
Let dry and their ready to serve!
You can make your own variations of these adorable popcorn balls. You can add candy corn to your popcorn mixture or even add Halloween sprinkles to these fun Halloween treats. No matter what you add to your mixture this is a fun fall treat is the most delicious treat that will be a hit this spooky season.
There are plenty of ways to customize this recipe to fit your Halloween party needs. For example, you could try using different types of candy for the eyes or adding in some chocolate chips for a little extra sweetness. If you want to get really creative, you could even make a bunch of smaller mummy balls and use them as decorations on top of cupcakes or a big cake. However you choose to make them, these mummy popcorn balls are sure to be a hit with both kids and adults!
Tips & Tricks to Make Mummy Popcorn Balls Easier
1. Make sure all of your ingredients are at room temperature before beginning to make the mummy popcorn balls. Room temperature ingredients mix together more easily and produce a smoother, more consistent final product.
2. Use a light hand when mixing the ingredients together. Overmixing can make the mummy popcorn balls tough and difficult to work with.
3. If the mixture is too sticky or difficult to work with, add a little bit more powdered sugar to help absorb some of the moisture.
4. To get the cleanest, most professional looking mummy popcorn balls, use a small ice cream scoop or melon baller to portion out the mixture evenly. This will also help ensure that all of the balls are roughly the same size.
5. Dip your hands in powdered sugar before rolling each ball, this will help keep the mixture from sticking to your hands and making a mess.
6. Once rolled, gently press each ball into a small cup or mold to give it its shape before placing it on the prepared baking sheet.
7. If you want your mummy popcorn balls to be extra creepy, try adding some edible eyeballs right before you bake them!
Other Simple Halloween Treats Ideas
If you're looking for other Halloween treat ideas that are just as easy as these mummy popcorn balls, look no further! Here are a few more recipes that are perfect for any Halloween party:
1. Bat Brownies: These spooky brownies are made with a chocolate cake mix and decorated to look like bats. This sweet treat is sure to be a hit with all the kids!
2. Ghost Cupcakes: These cupcakes are made with a white cake mix and decorated with marshmallow ghosts. These festive treats are so cute and easy to make!
3. Spider Web Cookies: These cookies are made with a sugar cookie dough and decorated with a spider web design. They're simple and fun to make and the perfect treat for any goblin.
4. Monster Mouths: These treats are made with marshmallows, candy eyes, and green frosting. They're perfect for any little monster lovers!
5. Graveyard Pudding Cups: These pudding cups are made to look like mini graveyards. They're fun, festive, and easy to make! These pudding cups are a fun treat for the spooky holiday season.
With these easy and foolproof mummy popcorn ball recipes, you can easily whip up a batch of spooky treats in no time. Whether you’re hosting a Halloween party or just want to have some fun with your family, these mummy popcorn balls are sure to bring smiles all around. So what are you waiting for? Let’s get snacking! Get more Halloween recipes HERE.