Crostini is a great appetizer food! It's a slice of bread that you toast, rub with garlic, and top with olive oil and an ingredient such as cheese or vegetables. Whether you're cooking for 2 or 20, these crostini recipes are perfect for your next soiree!
Crostini are a type of appetizer that is usually served with toppings of your choice. They are great for parties, where you can try out different flavors and combinations.
Crostini are small toasts that can be topped with all sorts of delicious things from vegetables and cheese, to meat, herbs and more. The important thing here is that you use a selection of meats and cheeses so that everyone at the party has the chance to try a little bit of everything!
The Savory Side of Crostini
-Tapenade: This olive spread is a classic topping for crostini. It's also easy to make at home with just a few ingredients: olives, olive oil, anchovies, garlic, and lemon juice.
-Pesto: Another classic topping, pesto is traditionally made with basil, Parmesan cheese, pine nuts, garlic, and olive oil. But there are endless variations on this theme - try making pesto with sun-dried tomatoes, kale, or even roasted red peppers.
-Bruschetta: One of the simplest toppings for crostini is also one of the most delicious. Just top your toast with some fresh diced tomatoes (seasoned with salt, pepper, and maybe a little basil), and you're good to go.
-Cheese: A crostini is basically like an open-faced sandwich, so feel free to top yours with any kind of cheese you like. Popular options include goat cheese, brie, or sharp cheddar. But don't stop there - experiment with different cheeses and combinations until you find your favorite!
The Sweet Side of Crostini
When it comes to hosting a party, few things are as effortless as crostini. This classic Italian appetizer can be made ahead of time and served at room temperature, making it the perfect finger food for your next gathering.
While there are endless ways to top crostini, we think the sweetest version is the way to go. After all, who doesn't love a bite-sized dessert?
Here are our favorite Sweet Crostini Recipes:
1. Chocolate Hazelnut Crostini: Start with a base of creamy hazelnut spread, then top with chopped chocolate and a drizzle of honey for a touch of sweetness.
2. Cinnamon Sugar Crostini: These bite-sized snacks are perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth. Simply sprinkle cinnamon sugar over pre-baked crostini rounds and serve.
3. Caramelized Fig Crostini: Figs pair perfectly with cheese, so why not try them on sweet crostini? Top pre-baked rounds with caramelized figs and goat cheese for a decadent treat.
4. Fruit Pizza Crostini: These mini fruit pizzas are as fun to make as they are to eat! Start with a sugar cookie base, then top with your favorite fruits and a dollop of whipped cream or yogurt.
5. Chocolate Orange Crostini: A riff on the classic chocolate-dipped orange peel, these crostini
Appetizer Recipes: More Than Just Olives
When it comes to appetizers, there are endless possibilities. But when you're planning a party or get-together, it can be tough to decide what to make. If you're looking for something beyond the usual suspects like olives or cheese, we've got you covered.
Here are 10 delicious and crowd-pleasing appetizer recipes that will have your guests coming back for more:
1. Caprese Skewers: The classic flavors of tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil come together in these easy-to-make skewers.
2. Parmesan Crackers: These cheesy crackers are impossible to resist. Serve them with a dollop of jam or chutney for an extra special treat.
3. Prosciutto Wrapped Melon: This refreshing and easy appetizer is perfect for summer gatherings. Simply wrap cantaloupe or honeydew slices with prosciutto and serve on a platter.
4. Cucumber Tea Sandwiches: These bite-sized sandwiches are perfect for afternoon tea or as an elegant appetizer. Be sure to use very thinly sliced cucumbers so they don't overwhelm the delicate flavor of the tea sandwich filling.
5. Smoked Salmon Pinwheels: These pinwheels are a fun and festive way to serve smoked salmon. They're also surprisingly easy to make - simply spread a cream cheese mixture on some tortillas, top with smoked
Roasted Strawberries and Goat Cheese Crostini by Savoring the Good
Roasting strawberries really brings out their flavor. They are perfect with goat cheese!